The CFA Society Emirates supports the business and professional growth of local investment professionals. Aligned with our mission, we are continually seeking volunteers to promote awareness of the CFA charter amongst the local community, key employers and the investing public; and providing opportunities for the local financial community to gather in a collegial atmosphere of knowledge sharing and networking.
All our activities in one way or another serve to build a better investment profession. In whatever way you choose to give your time to the society, you can directly help to further our mission and shape the future of the investment profession in a positive and meaningful way.
Being a volunteer is fun. You will meet a diverse group of professionals and work with them towards a set of common goals. You’ll have the opportunity to learn in depth about your society, CFA Institute, and other professional bodies.
New volunteers could for instance be involved in the following:
- Continuing education, social event: planning and organizing the continuing education program, or social events
- PR, social media: contribute to the development of the society’s communication regarding PR and advertising, or social media
- Conferences: planning and organizing the annual regional conference, including assisting in the determination of the conference topics and support speaker selection
- Candidates support: support candidates of CFA exams and assist in organization of mock exams.
- Research Challenge: assist in the local competition of the CFA Institute Research Challenge – a competition involving student teams from universities that present research reports on a publicly traded company. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Advising a university team: Faculty advisers provide a link between the local challenge hosts and their university; they assemble the team for their university and guide students through all levels of the competition.
- Mentoring students: Student teams are assigned industry mentors to assist them throughout the competition. The time spent with each team is limited to six hours.
- Grading student research reports: Report graders review, critique, and score the student teams’ research reports.
- Judging student presentations: Judges listen to, critique, and score the student teams’ presentations. Each presentation is 10 minutes in length followed by 10 minutes of questions and answers.
- Time keeper and master of ceremonies roles at the competition.
- University relations: liaise with universities and business schools to present the CFA Program
- Career outreach: lead in the driving efforts in reaching to local employers
- Advocacy: promote CFA Institute values and to take part, in the regulatory and market place debate.
On 5 May 2018, CFA Society Emirates had a Strategy Planning Meeting and invited members to contribute. Here is a list of the teams for 2018 – 2019. Note these teams are dynamic, more members may join but these presentations are the output from the meeting.
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF INVESTMENT
Be a part of CFA Society Emirates! Share your time, talent and energy
boost your competences and skills and grow your professional network?
Have and incredible amount of fun while doing all of the above.
Fill the form and JOIN US !
Volunteer Role Description
Role Title: Volunteer Advisory Council Member Volunteer(s) Work Location – Primarily phone & e-mail contact for regular meetings; attend one in-person meeting annually
Volunteer(s) Impact– Contribute member-focused recommendations, best practice suggestions, experience with structure, processes, and efficacy of CFA Society Emirates volunteer programs in order to continually enhance the volunteer experience for members.
Volunteer(s) Roles and Responsibilities– Consult with staff and leadership on a regular basis to advise and provide feedback on member volunteer management, recruitment, retention, recognition, job placement, governance practices, and assessment.
Volunteer(s) Qualifications– Must be an active or retired CFA Society Emirates member in good standing; have served on member society and/or CFA Society Emirates volunteer roles for minimum of 2 years; be available to attend one in-person meeting annually.
Volunteer(s) Commitment– One year term renewable up to maximum of three years. Attend bi-monthly, scheduled 2-hour committee meeting teleconferences on a day and time zone most convenient to the majority of the committee; 1-2 hours monthly independent meeting prep time; interim e-mail or web-based responses to offer input on select topics or issues as they arise; occasional subcommittee/task force calls during the year as assigned.
Volunteer(s) Orientation– Held in conjunction with Annual Volunteer Focus in-person meetings; learn overview of CFA Institute and history, volunteer programs and engagement opportunities, governance, policies and structure, and establish the committee/staff volunteer program focus for coming term.
Volunteer(s) Staff Liaison Contact Information – Trish Downey Phipps, Volunteer