CFA Society Emirates is the local United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) member society of CFA Institute, which is the preeminent global association of professionals in the field of investment analysis. CFA Institute administers the globally recognized Chartered Financial Analyst® Program.
The local society, founded in 2002, was created to serve the growing requirements of investment professionals in U.A.E. for support, continuing education programs and networking opportunities. Our society seeks to fulfill the CFA Institute mission at the local level: to lead the investment profession by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.
The vision of both CFA Institute and the society is to:
- Serve all finance professionals seeking investment management-related education, knowledge, professional development, connection, or inspiration
- Lead the investment profession’s thinking in the areas of ethics, capital market integrity, and excellence of practice
Our society is an association of local investment professionals. Consisting of portfolio managers, security analysts, investment advisors, and other like minded financial professionals, we promote the following values. We believe that financial markets and services should operate in the following ways:
- Investment professionals contribute to the ultimate benefit of society through the sustainable value generated by efficient financial markets and by effective investment institutions.
- Good stewardship and high ethical standards are necessary for trust and confidence to be secured and for society to be served. Financial markets should afford every investor the opportunity to earn a fair return.
- Financial markets are more effective with knowledgeable, diverse participants.
- High ethical principles and professional standards are essential to positive outcomes; rules and regulations, while necessary, are not sufficient by themselves.
CFA Institute serves investment professionals at the local level through affiliated societies and chapters around the world. Societies and chapters provide benefits and services of their own–educational programming, newsletters, job placement services, networking events–adding local flavor that complements the global perspective of CFA Institute. Society and chapter memberships are established by applying for CFA Institute Membership.
CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and credentials. The organization is a champion for ethical behavior in investment markets and a respected source of knowledge in the global financial community. The end goal: to create an environment where investors’ interests come first. CFA Institute has over 148,000 members in 163 countries and regions, including 142,000 CFA® charterholders, and 148 member societies. For more information, visit www.cfainstitute.org.