In 2018, CFA Society Emirates started to host an annual MENA Investment Congress.
On 22 February 2018, the inaugural event was held at the Abu Dhabi Global Market Building on Al Maryah Island.
There was an impressive line up of speakers in 2018 including:
Author of The New York Times bestseller Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis, published in 2011, The Death of Money: The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary System, published in 2014, The New Case for Gold, published in 2016, and The Road to Ruin: The Global Elites’ Secret Plan for the Next Financial Crisis, also published in 2016.
Author of Long Fuse, Big Bang and former CTO for the U.S. intelligence community. Former Executive Vice President, Walt Disney Imagineering.
Susanne Chishti, CEO & Founder, Fintech Circle & Fintech Circle Institute
Ennis Rimawi, Managing Director , Catalyst MENA Clean Energy Fund (CMCF)
Nick Granger, CIO and Portfolio Manager, Man AHL
We are already looking forward to and planning for another successful event in 2019.
Key Topics at the 2018 Congress Included:
- Macro-Economic Brief: The impact of global politics, natural disasters and market reactions on MENA economise
- Geo Update: Generating upside in the new Saudi Arabia
- Digital Disruption: Machine Learning and the Future of the Asset Manager
- The Big Debate: Cryptocurrencies and the future of the finance industry
- Energy 2.0: How can the Middle East reinvent itself in the face of the demise of oil and the rise of cleantech?
2018 MENA Investment Congress website.
Susanne-Chishti Redrawing the Global Risk Map: What is, or should, be keeping you awake in 2018?
Eric-Haseltine The Power of Prediction
Jean-Paul-Pigat MENA 2018 Macro Outlook
Ennis-Rimawi The demise of oil and the rise of cleantech
James-Rickards Currency Wars, Trade Wars & Shooting Wars – a Troubling Trifecta
CFA Society Emirates unveiled the results of the annual Middle East Societies Market Sentiment Survey, a snapshot of the 2018 outlook for investment management, according to CFA charterholders from the UAE, Bahrain, and Kuwait.